Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Rwanda - Update 3

Thank you so much to all of you who e-mailed and called me on Sunday (the 22nd), to wish me a happy birthday. (I am now 24!!!) Your love and thoughtfulness is very much appreciated and blesses my life so much. Here in Rwanda life has been keeping me busy. Last week we visited with 4 different ministries and a Returnee/refugee camp. All of them were such wonderful, eye opening and heartbreaking times for my teammates and myself. There are more details and photos on the team blog (www.crs2007rwanda.blogspot.com) if you wanted to read more about them.

This week is also a very full week with visiting another 3-4 ministries. This is our last week of visiting ministries and we will all be praying about the options and choosing what ministries we will be working in for the remainder of our 4 months here. Please join me in thoughts and prayers as I make this choice over the next couple of days. For those of you in the Toronto area, I just wanted to tell you about a movie that will be shown at the Toronto Film Festival. It is filmed in Rwanda and most of the scenes where it is filmed are places I have been and the actors in the movie are people that I know here. A lot of the actors are actually youth who are and were street children here in Rwanda. The director of the movie lives in New York and comes to runs a school here every year that is teaching some of the local youth about video production, etc. Many of the youth helped in filming the majority of the movie. The movie is called “Munyurangabo” and it is by: Lee Isaac Chung. Their website is
www.almondtreefilms.com. The movie has been recognized with awards and nominations and has been shown at other movie festivals, like Cannes. If you happen to have the time to go and see it at the film festival, I highly recommend that you do. It shows very realistically life here in Rwanda.

No comments: