Monday, July 09, 2007

Rwanda - Update 1 ...

It has been almost two weeks since I have been here and I have become quite accustomed to life here in Rwanda. The people are wonderful and so friendly. I have got the hang of the “taxi park” in the local town nearby and can navigate my way into downtown which is an adventure all on it’s own. I have tried almost all the forms of transportation, including van/bus taxis, a bicycle taxi, motorbike taxi and even a motorcyle taxi. We have started language classes as well. Hopefully the team and myself will be able to effectively learn what we are taught. We will be having language classes for about an hour a day for the next month. Prayer is most definitely needed in the area of language studies.

The trip here went very smoothly, except for some major turbulence near landing. All the members of our team have now arrived in Kigali, Rwanda and presently as I type this we are experiencing our first African rainfall. It is absolutely incredible and I only wish you could be here to share it with me. This past week has been quite hot and dry (we are in dry season right now). We have mainly spent the week meeting the people on the base and exploring the cities that neighbour the YWAM base that I will be living on for the next 5 ½ months. Now that all the team has arrived we will be visiting different ministries and networking as we start praying about what ministry we would like to be involved in for our time here. It is an incredible opportunity to be given the chance to pick what ministry I will spend the majority of my time with.

We went to the Genocide museum on Saturday. It is an amazing and heartbreaking place to visit. I'll write more about it at a later date.

Prayer Requests:
1- Team unity and dynamics
2- Learning the language
3- Health and safety for everyone on the team

2 comments:

cathforeva said...

hey trisha great updates and thanks for posting prayer requests. i like your team blog too! awesome!

Joseph and Meleah said...

Hey Girl,
I got your comment on our blog but I haven't been able to email you because you never gave me your email address. I am so so glad that you are loving Africa and also horribly jealous of you myself. But that I will get over. I miss you so so much!!! and seeing as I am guessing you haven't done much on myspace lately, I have news for you that I am sure you will be very excited about. I am pregnant!! I know its crazy and well exciting too! So yeah I just wanted to make sure that you knew. I hope that you keep doing well and I love you tons and tons!!!!