Saturday, June 09, 2007

Week 8 Summary...

This past week our speaker was Matt Rawlins. Matt took us back to the foundations of our faith and we looked at the nature and character of God. Matt took us through views of the stars and the galaxies and we looked at how amazing our creative God is and how much he loves us. From Matt’s teachings we concentrated on how God is big and God is good. This week we also were taught by Matt’s wife, Ceclia, on StrengthsFinders. Ceclia and Matt both taught us about how our biggest strengths can also be our greatest weakness. My top five strengths from the StrengthsFinders test were Inculder, Belief, Empathy, Development and Responsibility.

The most impacting information me this week is hard to pick. The different discussions about StrengthsFinders were amazing and very helpful. Every single second of Matt’s teachings were very good. I especially loved the day we looked at the stars because I already love them and love meeting with God under them but the teaching that Matt gave us made it even more real and awe inspiring. Also impacting for me was how our greatest strengths can be our greatest weakness and what that means for me. I was also impacted during our talk on how do we decide something’s value and what do we filter everything through.

One of the new understandings and revelations I received this week again how to do with the lies I haven believed and worked through in my life. As well as how I really to value other people and their needs before mine own and I need to really work that out better and seek God in that area. These are also the areas that this week teaching brought out in me. What would it look like if I learned to love and value myself more? What areas do I need to continue to seek God for an understanding of why I think what I think and what filter am I putting my value system through? I will continue to seek God for answers to these questions.

This week in the community was weird in a lot of ways. Work duty time continues to be good and I love the friends I have made on the base. Rwanda is really setting in and the fact that it is only 3 ½ weeks away is overwhelming. The amount of work due this upcoming Monday has also been overwhelming. I have not gotten nearly enough sleep this past week since I was staying up late to make sure as much work as I could possibly finish did end up completed. I am glad worked so hard this week though because not having a ton of work this weekend has been worth it. I have absolutely loved being with some of my DTS friends this weekend and I have gotten to see the Zurich area of Switzerland, which has been a huge blessing.

This week, Matt’s teachings have really begun to sink in and I am really learning and taking in that “God is big. And God is good.” I am looking forward to this upcoming week and everything God has in store for us.

No comments: