Saturday, June 09, 2007

"I believe..."

One of our assignments here was to write a paper stating what we believe about God, His character and nature, as it relates to children, children at risk, etc. Here is a copy of mine...

I believe in a triune God who exists eternally as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I believe the Bible is the inspired and authoritative Word of God. I believe that God forgives and loved us so much that He was willing to become flesh in the form of His son, Jesus Christ and come to earth, born from a virgin called Mary, to be crucified and experience death on the cross. I believe that He bore the sins of the world with Him on the cross.

I believe that God is the creator of the entire universe, from all the galaxies, to the animals, to the plants, to every human being. I believe in a God who loves His children equally and unconditionally, with no regard to sex, gender, or nationality and has planned their days before they even came to being. I believe in a God who knows every hair on His children’s heads and has a plan and a purpose for each of the lives He has created.

I believe that God sees every tear His children cry and cares and feels their pain more then we can even fathom. I believe that there is no “bad” situation that God will not use and redeem in some way so that good may come out of pain. I believe that God intensely loves being in relationships with us and loves when we use our freewill, that He gave us, to choose Him.

I believe that God loves justice and hates injustice. I believe that He sees the unjust acts of the world and will hold the people committing those unjust acts accountable. I believe that God is as faithful to the blessings as He is to the curses. I believe that God longs for us, His children to “choose life because the inequity is pursuing us.” I believe that at times God does allow suffering in the world, and that we as humans will never be able to understand the reason behind it, and that has to be ok, because we need to trust that “we know the one who knows, and since He knows then that is enough.”

I believe that God is extremely aware of, cares about the needs of, and loves the widows, orphans, and the poor, the sick, needy and the alien. I believe that God is powerful, big and strong enough to affect all of those hurting lives and that He wants to use us in that specific mission to care for these often forgotten about groups of people.

I believe that God is a good God, who can be trusted with my heart and every situation and thing in my life. I believe that God’s favourite title for himself is Father and His children being in relationship with Him and drawing others into relationship with Him bring Him some of His greatest joy. I believe that every person on earth matters to God and that to Him, not one of them is missing from His sight. I believe that God is someone who I can love fully and passionately and He takes great delight in me and loves when I love Him.

No comments: