Sunday, June 24, 2007

Week 10 Summary...

This week our speaker was Dave Swann. Dave used his lifetime of experience of development projects and proposal writing to help teach us about program planning. With Dave we looked at how important certain steps of creating a project and writing a proposal are. Some of the areas we looked at were, knowing the history of a place, knowing where you are at exactly, also known as point A and then setting a vision (point B) for the project and knowing exactly where you want to go. We continued on during the week to create a hypothetical plan for an African village based on what the greatest perceived needs were. We worked as teams of four and created a project proposal and then presented it to the rest of the class.

The most impacting information of the week for me was that I discovered that I actual love this kind of stuff. It made me so excited to try and think of ways to serve a community and improve their daily lives. Also just looking at what a huge project it would be, but it is actually doable. It is even possible to do these things in the areas of Canada that are in need. As the weeks go on, I am more and more getting a heart for the people of Canada and feel called to return to a province and work there. I love the different nations so much and it has been impacting to see the way I can love the nation I come from just as much. This all relates to the new understanding/revelation that I received this week. I can actually do this kind of work. I can be involved in community development and in fact I believe some of the ways I have been gifted are designed for that type of work.

This weeks teaching brought out the questions in me of how I might be involved in the future in the areas of community development and project planning. I will continue to seek answers for this question by listening to God’s voice and really seeking in prayer any opportunities that come up that He might have me be involved in.

Life in the community this week… I still really love all the people here. I don’t really like my work duty at all anymore, but I am trying to stay positive. I am so thankful that I only have 6 more meals to clean up! It will be a blessing to be done with it. I personally have just felt heavy this week, as well as last. Satan has been trying to get the best of me, and he is unfortunately winning a lot of days. I am really learning to trust God for the bank situation, since it is still not working out yet and time is getting very close to when I am supposed to be leaving for outreach. I am really going to miss Burtigny. I have realized this past week just how much I have come to love this community and the people here. It has been such a wonderful blessing on my last three months.

Next week our speaker is Camille Bishop. We will be talking about cross-cultural things. We will also be giving our teachings next week. It will be so nice to be done all of my assignments by the end of next week.

No comments: